More than a third of local marketers from around the globe have reported they lost clients due to the coronavirus pandemic. This data is part of a March 2020 research published by BrightLocal.
The key takeaways are:
- 35% of marketers said they lost clients due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- 27% of respondents said they had to temporarily close down their business.
- 8% said they paused their operations.
- 8% of marketers had to change work.
- 23% of those surveyed said the outbreak hasn’t affected them.
The authors of the study say that this situation is likely to change before the lockdown measures are lifted, so we call on all marketing professionals to keep on keeping on and spend the free time on self-improvement instead of despair. It’s not hard to do, for starters, you can visit these online events.